I Can Act Any Role Except Sex Roles—Juwon Adewunmi





Nigeria Actress Juwon Adewunmi said she can act in any role except sex roles and it was her mum that paved the way into acting for her, she also revealed what her most embarrassing moment is.

“I love everything about acting and it was actually my mum that introduced me into it. What really inspired me into it is that actors are just like teachers you learn from and I wanted to b a good role model to people. I started acting since 1995 but then I was only featuring in mum’s production and her colleagues at Lagos Island chapter.


Later, I joined my own group, the African Spirit Performing Art in 2005 at Gbagada, Lagos. The head of the group was Mr Lekan Ojo (aka Gbatami), who I can call my master in the profession,” she narrated.

When asked about her most embarrassing moment on set

Then I was still learning, so when I was asked to pronounce some words, I just couldn’t and fluffed my lines so bad that the director got mad and started shouting at me in front of everyone.
Everyone started laughing and I had to leave the set at that moment.






Comments