I Go To Beer Parlours To Relate With The Common Men-Gov. Ayo Fayose





Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti state said he do go to beer parlours (bars) every Friday to relate and reason with the common man on the streets.

He made this known while speaking with journalists on Thursday October 30th in Abuja adding that governance is not church and his idea of stomach infrastructure meant more than sharing of money and food to the people.



In his words: “I go to beer parlour on Fridays to stay with the common men there. Governance is not church; it is about diverse characters and you must relate with them as such.

Christmas is coming, why do people go out of their ways to be shopping or doing other things if it is not just to make people merry? So, I’m grooming chicken, buying rice, yams, plantain, and the rest of them. I am sure if I give them to families during the festive period, they will be happy. So, stomach infrastructure is a way of life. So, my style, without apology, is that stomach infrastructure is a way of life for me.

I will relate well with my people to alleviate poverty and hunger. That is not to condemn or fight anybody. But I have another instance, the University of Ado Ekiti has most of its courses yet to be accredited and they needed about N800m to sort out those problems : will the governor be living in affluence when the whole state is in darkness? I am an experienced governor and I know the game. Very soon, my House of Assembly will be together, working to
hit the ground running; they want to work with me and I want to work with them.”






Comments